Jul. 26, 2022
A lightweight portable wheelchair is a less-bulky alternative to a traditional wheelchair. It's often made from lighter material, which makes it easier to maneuver than a typical wheelchair. This makes travel and storage much more manageable.
Manual lightweight wheelchairs generally weigh between 25 and 40 pounds. An ultra-lightweight wheelchair may weigh only 15 to 18 pounds. They weigh less than traditional wheelchairs because they are constructed of aluminum instead of the harder, sturdier, more resilient steel.
Many people who have mild to moderate trouble with mobility, whether it's permanent or temporary, can use a lightweight transport wheelchair.
For people who are unable to walk for long amounts of time, a transport wheelchair makes it possible to go on longer excursions without risk of a fall or injury. It can be especially helpful for elderly people.
If you're recovering from an injury, such as a broken leg or twisted ankle, transport wheelchairs make getting around much easier.
With large wheels at the back of the chair, your lightweight wheelchair is easy to propel. This lighter weight wheelchair also reacts to a lighter touch and is much easier to maneuver in tighter spaces. The maneuverability makes steering it more accurate and smooth.
People of all ages who have limited mobility can be transported short distances input a lightweight chair even if they are heavy.
The collapsible frame means the chair is light and portable for putting it in a car or taking it up and downstairs and steps.
With a lightweight chair whether you are traveling by car, by bus, or by plane, you can fold up your chair for quick and hassle-free transportation.
One of the biggest benefits of the compact lightweight chair is that it folds up for easy storage in small spaces. It makes daily living space less congested. Your chair can be quickly retrieved for travel or transport.
Ironically, having the use of a portable, lightweight chair increases independence.
Being able to throw this wheelchair into the car or public transit means that the user will open new doors and give you a sense of freedom.
There are a variety of issues that may cause you to use a wheelchair on a permanent basis. But, you can still find your independence and take control of your life. The following tips and strategies will guide you to your independence as a wheelchair user.
The newest models even come with optional accessories like drink holders and lap trays. Lightweight chairs can be adapted to every daily activity and individual requirements.
Easy storage and specifications. Every add-on is easily taken off and stored for convenient transport. This durable chair will allow users to participate in everyday activities with family and friends.
Lightweight wheelchairs come with many features. These make them more comfortable and user-friendly. Be sure the chair you buy has the features you want. These include:
● Leg Rests. These may swing away or click off. They may be regular, sitting posture or elevating. The elevating type is not standard leg rests. They are a help to those with circulation problems or people with some types of injury.
● Armrests. Armrests usually come in full length or desk length sizes. If you plan to sit at a table or a desk while in the chair then desk length armrests are perfect. Check to see if the armrests are fixed or movable. Armrests that flip up and down are convenient if you wish to transfer to a toilet or bed.
● Cushioning Comfort is vital in a wheelchair. The lightweight wheelchair gives users the ideal comfort every time. Be sure to ask about extra padding for seating, leg rests. Shock absorbers can be installed to the framework so your seating is enhanced.
● Wheels If you are going to self-propel your manual lightweight wheelchair, then you need large back wheels. If someone is pushing your chair, then smaller transport style wheels make the chair lighter and easier to load and unload. The specialized bigger wheels are simpler to turn. They demand less energy to maneuver.
● Safety Features Depending on your posture and degree of mobility, you may want to consider safety features for your lightweight wheelchair. Be sure to get anti-tip guards on the back if you are propelling yourself. These will keep you from flipping your chair backward.
When you can do things for yourself, it builds self-confidence. The ultra-lightweight wheelchair makes independence attainable. Take control of your everyday participation in what you love to do.
If you still have questions about lightweight portable wheelchairs and their accessories, please contact us.
+86 166 3182 6300